AMAZING SPARTAN READER PROGRAM
2010 – 2011
Dear Parents and Students,
This coming year we will be working especially hard to improve our students reading skills. To do this in an exciting and enjoyable way, we will be hosting our own AMAZING SPARTAN READER PROGRAM in which students can earn certificates, ribbons, medals, trophies and even gift cards. We have ordered more paperback books for our classrooms in which students will have access on a daily basis. We encourage students to also go to their public library or download the books on their IPad if parents prefer.
We are asking older students who have internet ability at home, to type in the information about the book online rather than turn in a piece of paper. We are giving you a list of books for each grade level, one list that includes Grades 1-4 and the second list that includes Grades 5-8. If students choose a book outside the reading list it will only receive 8 points.
HOW IT WORKS:
· Students choose a book from the Spartan Reading List
· Student reads the book
· Student fills out the AMAZING BOOK SUMMARY FORM on line or on a paper provided by their teacher in Grades K-8
· Points are awarded to the student based on their success on the written book summary form
- 5 points for a book at a reading level below their grade level
- 10 points for a book at a reading level at their grade level
- 15 points for a book at a reading level higher than their grade level
A: Stands for ASTONISHING READER!
- Need to earn 50 points
- Wins the ASTONISHING READER! certificate
M: Stands for MARVELOUS READER!
- Need to earn 100 points
- Wins the MARVELOUS READER! Certificate and a FREE ICE CREAM TICKET
A: Stands for OUTSTANDING READER!
- Need to earn 140 points
- Wins the OUTSTANDING RIBBON with a FREE ICE CREAM TICKET
Z: Stands for AMAZING READER
- Needs to earn 200 points
- Wins the AMAZING READER RIBBON with a FREE ICE CREAM TICKET
I: Stands for INCREDIBLE READER
- Needs to earn 250 points
- Wins the INCREDIBLE READER RIBBON with a FREE ICE CREAM TICKET AND A FREE DRESS PASS
N: Stands for NOTABLE READER
- Needs to earn 300 points
- Wins the GOLD READER MEDAL with a neck ribbon and a FREE ICE CREAM TICKET
G: Stands for GLORIOUS READER
- Needs to earn 350 points
- Wins the READER TROPHY with a FREE ICE CREAM TICKET AND A FREE DRESS PASS
THERE WILL ALSO BE THREE LARGER TROPHIES GIVEN TO THE TOP THREE READERS IN GRADES 1-2; GRADE 3-5; GRADE 6-8 WITH A GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR BARNES AND NOBLE (This will be awarded in May)
FIRST PLACE: $50.00
SECOND PLACE: $30.00
THIRD PLACE: $20.00
Students in grades 1 - 3 - Download and print the Book Review form below
Students in grades 4 - 8th click on the link below and submit your book reviews electronically!